Welcome to the Beach
NEW – Terrorbird Races
NEW – Hook-a-Duck
Claudia can only be looted once per hour this year, and this is intentional. Last year caused a large amount of world lagging for people on various beaches as large groups would quickly swap between worlds to kill her. On top of this, it wasn’t the original design for the rewards she gives out.
Of course, the summer fun from last year returns. Whatever you fancy training, there’s something for you:
•Sandcastles – Construction XP
•Rock pool fishing – Fishing XP
•Barbecues – Cooking XP
•Coconut gathering/depositing – Farming XP
•Coconut shy – Ranged XP
•Beachball rolling – Agility XP
•Muscle beach – Strength XP
- Every 15 minutes one of the XP-giving activities will be spotlighted, yielding +10% XP. Please note that the spotlighted activity varies from world to world.
- You can keep earning XP until your temperature gauge fills up completely, although this can be reset up to three times a day by consuming ice creams. You get them from skilling or you can buy them from other players.
- Please note that Ironman players earn 50% less XP for participating in beach activities.
- The fastest activity for xp/hour is the rock pool fishing.
- JMods can activate Happy Hour on the beach to really get the party started. Happy Hour will spotlight all beach activities except for Terrorbird Racing and will freeze all temperature gauges, earning you a bonus hour of beach skilling!
Treasure Map | Daily Rewards
Mod Shauny confirmed that ironmen can’t get the map from Reyna because they wouldn’t be able to claim the rewards anyway.
•Ice cream: This tradeable, consumable item resets a full temperature gauge to 0. You can use up to three per day.
•Anti-sun potion: Also tradeable, this item gives a +5% boost to any XP earned through beach activities and any other training on the beach. The effect lasts for 24 hours of real time.
•Cocktails: These come in four fruity flavours, each boosting XP gain in a different group of skills – combat, artisan, gathering and support. By drinking more of the same type, you can stack the XP boost up to 10%. The effect lasts for 30 minutes of logged-in time.
- Shark Fin Lifeguard chair hat
- Clawdia wings Duck ring
- Sand Dunk resting animation Ice lolly wand
- Hacky Sack resting animation Water balloon launcher
- Conga eel whip Coral sword
- Coral dagger Starfish pet
- Puffer fish pet
- Swim suit and summer fun outfits unlocked by maxing the temperature meter 50 times (uncomfirmed)
- Unlock the rainbow kite by speaking to all npcs on the beach. You do not need to talk to the lifeguard for this
- Sitting in each colour deck chair 10 times will unlock the rest emote.
- Unlock the Quackers title by digging up 10 ducks, (Click here for locations) You will need a spade.
- Lifeguard title can be unlocked by killing clawdia 50 times
- Beachbum title unlocked by coconut/chinchompa throwing 3 or 5 perfect shots at chins.
- Beachcomber title can be unlocked by completing all of last years activitys
- The chilled title can be unlocked by using an ice cream 10 times
- If you continue to rest and unrest multiple times on the beach, you can unlock the Beach Towel Cape
- You can unlock “The sunkissed” title from listening to your conch shell 10 times.
- The Beachy Keen title after doing some hook-a-duck three times in a row.
- Sunsational title from skilling. “You’ve shown off your advanced beach skills! You have unlocked the title: the Sunsational”
- For the emperor/empress of the sandcastle title, you need the old and new token unlockables.
- Unlock a new song by going to the legends guild.
Here are the affected skills with the related drink for the beach event
- Doing activities can give you strange rocks
- Join the “Beach FC” for Spotlight callouts, and reward trading! Also information about titles and such! If you can’t get into the Beach FC, use “Zusje” instead ❤
- Clawdia spawns every “0:45”, friendly reminder!
- You can only eat ice cream 3 times a day!
- You can only get ONE reward per hour from Clawdia. This was changed from last year as to reduce the lags on players on other worlds, making it more fair for people to get items.
- REMINDER THAT YOUR BAR DOES GO UP EVEN IF YOU FAIL OR SUCCEED.
- You can get item tokens from skilling/clawdia, you do NOT have to buy them with runecoins.
- PSA: Portables are now able to be placed on the beach! Thanks, Sayln!
- Iron Man accounts cannot claim the treasure map as they wouldn’t be able to get the rewards anyway! Confirmed by our lovely mascot, Shauny!
- PSA: SOME PEOPLE IN THE “Beach Fc” are currently doing mega ducklings on world 14 in falador! Go join them!